Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Love, Light and all that crap.

I sometimes find myself wondering how others must perceive me, the sometimes foul mouthed, outspoken, godless young adult in a field full of so many spiritual people waving Sage and crystals. I'm not entirely a lost cause, I enjoy reading up on the spirituality, and learning about other peoples practices, you just won't find me meditating in a room that reeks of patchouli anytime soon. I'm just not good at expressing myself that way, I am not one to talk about white light on Facebook, or post statuses proclaiming my love for the universe, instead most of my social media is cluttered with cat pictures and me bitching about my commute. So, I began to worry.

My new years resolution was to be a more positive, loving person. I wanted to let go of my judgments of other people, humble myself as an investigator, and "rebrand" my image. But here it is, practically November and while I internally changed my thought process, I don't know how well that has translated to the public. I thought about how I could emulate the behavior I saw that others seemed to appreciate and enjoy, then I stopped myself, I want to my original self, not a copy.

So here it is, I don't think that you have to be into New Age music, work with white light, or smudge with sage to be a positive person. I have given up on trying to fit other peoples ideas of what I should do on investigations, with clients, or anything else paranormal to be considered "positive". I'm not one to sing kumbaya while holding hands, I won't be reciting a prayer to open or close my investigations, and when I mediate, I don't do it sitting cross legged on the floor, I'm usually laying in bed listening to a Nirvana album. But at the end of the day, I'd like to think I still manage to be a pretty caring person, I will always be honest with you (brutally honest at times), and I will treat you how I'd like to be treated. I'll still say f#ck way more than is socially acceptable and make slightly offensive jokes, but that just comes with the territory of being my friend.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Katelin, I think the worst thing I did when I was your age was being so hard on myself. So I'd like to pass this on. Just be yourself and don't worry about it. The world needs "different" or else it would be awfully boring. Take it from an "older" woman--you will eventually settle in and be comfortable in your own skin. It took me much longer than necessary to figure that out, so my wish for you is that the processing will be of a shorter time span. It is all up to you really. Gosh, I wish I had known that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon! I am so happy to see you've read my blog. Yes, I am really happy that I am getting a place of self confidence!

    ReplyDelete